Purpose of Position: The Registered Dietitian completes and oversees a variety of professional assignments to improve the diet, nutrition, and health of Valley Family Health Care patients. The Registered Dietitian collaborates with VFHC staff, clinicians and community partners to lead the short- and long-term direction of the department and functions.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in nutritional science or related field, with additional professional training as required to meet the requirements of the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
2. Must have license to practice in Idaho and Oregon.
3. Registered Dietitian by Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
4. One (1) year of experience in clinical nutrition preferred.
5. Certified Diabetes Educator (preferred).
6. Must hold current CPR card (healthcare provider).
7. Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Programs.
8. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
1. Instructs patients, families, and health care staff in individualized diet therapy, general nutrition principles, and food selection and preparation.
2. Collaborates with providers to identify and connect with patients in need of nutrition counseling.
3. Develops, reviews, and adapts therapeutic and modified diets to meet the needs of individual patients in cooperation with health care staff.
4. Meets directly with patients to identify educational needs; provide individual instruction, utilize informational handouts/booklets, or refer to community resources as needed.
5. Assists in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluation, and directing of the Dietary Department, its programs and activities.
6. Develops and maintains dietary objectives and standards.
7. Complete required documentation and maintain organized files for patient charts, participation data, and communication logs.
8. Conducts and coordinates outpatient nutritional counseling sessions and services. Follows ADA Medical Nutrition Therapy and other appropriate nutrition counseling protocols.
9. Performs all responsibilities/duties required by Registered Dietitian as defined in the scope of practice, to ensure that the needs of patients are addressed.
10. Serves as instructor or assistant in presenting nutrition-related classes, seminars and workshops. Must teach the nutrition and diet component of other wellness classes, as needed (e.g. tobacco treatment programs, heart and cancer prevention seminars, seniors’ seminars, fitness seminars, etc.)
11. Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Continuous sitting, standing, walking.
3. Correctable vision and hearing.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
6. Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated. Accommodations considered for Medical and Religious reasons.