Salud Medical Center
Salud Medical Center
YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Provides comprehensive nursing care, assessment and education for maternal and pediatric clients.
What We Offer
• Sign-on bonus of $5,000 in first paycheck and $1,000 at 12 months of employment.
• $39-$48/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
• 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
• Provides client care, discussing chief complaint and obtaining vital signs and complete health history for the patient. Develops a baseline physical assessment.
• Reviews and evaluates referrals for Maternal and Pediatric clients received from Case Management, Clinical staff and Outside Agencies.
• Determines client needs based on screening and assessment tools.
• Develops plan of care with client based on health history, health behavior, and needs for health and parenting education identified in screening tools.
• Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing plan of care. Maintains regular contact with other professionals involved in delivering services to client to ensure coordination of services.
• Maintains contact with client as needed to provide intervention and evaluate plan of care.
• Participates in ongoing screening and evaluation of client’s needs, revising plan of care as needed.
• Provides office and/or home visits for clients throughout the pregnancy and postpartum period and performs assessment of newborn within one week of delivery.
• Performs interventions and health education for prenatal, postpartum, and newborn care clients as requested.
• Maintains files and forms that document intervention activities, in compliance with State, Clinic, and grant guidelines.
• Serves as a mentor to nursing students, community health workers, and new Public Health Nursing staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Associate’s Degree with two years’ experience in parent-child nursing may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience: Six months’ experience providing newborn exams.
• Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Registered Nurse license for the state of practice. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within 90 days of employment. May require the following certification based on location and job duties performed. -International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of and skill in using therapeutic communication techniques. Knowledge of established professional nursing concepts and all nursing procedures. Knowledge of the uses and effects of mother/baby medications. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients, patients’ families and employees in a professional manner. Ability to understand, assess and react effectively to the unique needs of patients in all age groups. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word, Excel, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
• We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
• We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
• We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
• We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
• We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
• We will let joy in.
• We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/pqp8Wps5JaroEsgGjUNmXR