Website Valley Family Health Care
Community Health Center
POSITION TITLE: Behavioral Health Navigator
RESPONSIBLE TO Behavioral Health Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Purpose of this Position: The Behavioral Health Navigator (BHN) works as an integrated care team member to provide patients of Valley Family Health Care consultations, assessments, care planning, and case management services. The BHN works in collaboration with Medical and Behavioral Health Providers to ensure patients with mental, physical, or social needs are accessing the services needed to improve their overall health and well-being.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Social Work Program or related field.
2. Experience with providing assessments, care planning and case management (internship experience is okay).
3. Experience in handling crisis and management of patients living with mental health and / or substance use conditions.
1. Work with patients within an integrated health care setting.
2. Work within a team-based care model including participating in clinic huddles, case-staffing’s, staff meetings, and Behavioral Health meetings.
3. Be flexible between walk-in and scheduled appointments.
4. Provide same-day behavioral health consultations to providers and patients.
5. Provide Behavioral Health Screenings and referrals to community resources and/or treatment as necessary.
6. Provide initial biopsychosocial assessments to patients in need of services and help patients navigate the health care system based on assessed need.
7. Work with patients to develop measurable behavioral health goals and objectives and document plan within the patient’s health record.
8. Manage incoming hospitalization records for patients admitted / discharged for mental health conditions.
9. Manage a case load of behavioral health clients.
10. Navigate and manage patient registries to improve targeted health outcome measures.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Participates in improving VFHC performance, processes, or programs through quality improvement which will be demonstrated in at least one instance annually.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Continuous sitting, standing, walking.
3. Correctable vision and hearing.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com