||Purpose of Position: The clinical educator plans, supervises, coordinates, and evaluates education programs for clinical personnel. Provides clinical education and evaluation to clinical staff and manages the Idaho and Oregon Vaccine Program.
1. Must hold a RN license in state of primary workplace and be licensed in the other state (Idaho/Oregon) within 90 days of hire date. Oregon and Idaho licensures must be maintained at all times.
2. Must hold current BLS card.
3. Prefer previous experience as a clinical educator and vaccine program coordination.
4. Prefer previous experience with Epic, creating education presentations, creating learning objectives, and knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
1. Develops, implements, and provides or oversees the orientation and/or education of clinical staff.
2. Designs or collaborates in designing educational curriculums, classes, and activities, which includes developing clinical competencies and keeping them up to date for nursing staff.
3. Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of educational endeavors.
4. Acts as a facilitator, consultant, and leader in community / public health within the outpatient care setting.
5. Provides education consistent with current protocols, policies, procedures, and evidence.
6. Ensure that each location follows regulations and guidelines set forth by both the Idaho Immunization Program and Oregon Health Authority.
7. Will provide direct patient care or triage when needed at various clinics when conducting monthly site visits.
8. Accountable for all planned vaccine transports.
9. Responsible for ensuring that all new staff completes mandatory vaccine education per the Provider agreements and retains a copy of completion at their clinic location.
10. Providing up to date education on any vaccine protocol changes.
11. Overseeing emergency vaccine preparations, including plans for ensuring safety of vaccine during emergencies including adverse weather conditions
12. Manage new employee lab and N95 mask fit testing.
13. Work closely with HR regarding new hires and current employee required labs and mask fit testing.
14. Actively participate in committees as assigned.
15. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Continuous sitting, standing, walking.
3. Normal manual dexterity.
4. Correctable vision and hearing.
5. Must be able to read, write and speak clearly.
6. Must have mobility to travel to satellite locations.
7. Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated. Accommodations considered for Medical and Religious reasons.