|Purpose of the Position: We are looking for a certified Physician to join our expanding primary care team and provide patients with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services. The ideal candidate is an intuitive healthcare professional whose diagnostic abilities are only matched by their concern for their patients. The person in the Physician role will be responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing patients in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet state and national standards for caregiving. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. The right candidate will have a passion for providing diagnostic services to patients and will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals in our organization.
1. Graduate of an accredited medical school with US or ECGME certification.
2. Must have license to practice in Idaho and Oregon.
3. Family Practice specialty, with Board certification or Board eligible from AOA or ACMGE approved specialty board.
4. Professional clinical experience in Family Practice, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics, or completion of a FP, IM or Ped’s residency.
5. Experience teaching residents and students.
6. Strong community health/public health orientation and be experienced in patient care management.
7. Ability to optimally utilize intellectual, cognitive, and reasoning judgment.
8. Commitment to working with medically underserved patient population.
9. Must maintain active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) licensure.
10. Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
11. Bilingual in Spanish and English highly desirable.
1. The physician is responsible for providing direct patient care in the clinic, hospital, and nursing homes and must have authoritative knowledge of the principles, practice and techniques of primary care practice.
2. The physician reports to the Medical Director on clinical issues and to the VFHC Chief Executive Officer on administrative issues. The physician should be able to work cooperatively and effectively with the Medical Director and other VFHC staff. The physician will be expected to maintain professional relationships with other healthcare providers in the community.
3. Physicians have clinical supervisory responsibilities for Physician Assistants.
4. Physicians participate in the periodic management review of practice functions, e.g. reception, telephone triage, patient flow, outreach services, laboratory, follow-up missed appointments, and referral tracking.
5. Physicians are expected to participate in the development of health risk management protocols and participate in quality assurance activities. Must have good working knowledge of administrative practices and procedures, teaching methods, rules, regulations, policies and standards related to medical services and risk management.
1. Clinical medicine, i.e., direct patient care.
2. Adheres to the highest standards of medical ethics at all times.
3. On a scheduled basis may be required to work at any satellite facility.
4. Productivity standards of the US Public Health Service expects a full-time physician to minimally see 4200 patient encounters per year, or in combination with a midlevel, the team will see at least 6300 encounters per year. (At least 2100 encounters are expected of the midlevel, but they often exceed this and assist in meeting the team goal. Part-time physician productivity will be pro-rated.)
5. Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
6. Other duties as required.
Patient Centered Care:
1. Facilitate health and disease patient education.
2. Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
3. Coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including referrals to specialty care providers, and continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
4. Promote clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Continuous sitting, standing, walking.
3. Correctable vision and hearing.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
6. Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated. Accommodations considered for Medical and Religious reasons.