||Purpose of the Position: The Pediatrician is an interdependent member of a health care team and will function within established state and federal rules and physician standards of care. S/he will be required to exercise sound professional judgment while providing medical care to infants, children, adolescents and young adults. S/he ensures adherence to safety policies/practices and the highest degree of quality patient care. Collaborates with leadership, clinicians, management staff, outside organizations including hospitals and others to provide innovative approaches to care, as well as continuity of care and comprehensive services.
1. Graduate of an accredited medical school with US or ECGME certification.
2. Must have license to practice in Idaho and Oregon.
3. Pediatric specialty, with Board certification or Board eligible from AOA or ACMGE approved specialty board.
4. Professional clinical experience in Pediatrics, or completion of a Ped’s residency.
5. Experience teaching residents and students preferred.
6. Strong community health/public health orientation and be experienced in patient care management.
7. Ability to optimally utilize intellectual, cognitive, and reasoning judgment.
8. Commitment to working with medically underserved patient population.
9. Must maintain active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) licensure.
10. Current provider card in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
11. Bilingual in Spanish and English highly desirable.
1. Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
2. Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
3. Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
4. Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
5. Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
6. Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
7. Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents/guardians.
8. Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
9. Plan and execute medical care programs to aid in the mental and physical growth and development of children and adolescents.
10. Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
11. Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
12. Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Participate in improving VFHC performance, processes, or programs through quality improvement which will be demonstrated in at least one instance annually.
Patient Centered Care:
1. Facilitate health and disease patient education.
2. Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
3. Coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including referrals to specialty care providers, and continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
4. Promote clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Continuous sitting, standing, walking.
3. Correctable vision and hearing.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
6. Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated. Accommodations considered for Medical and religious reasons.