|Title:||Crisis Intervention Workers (Full-Time, Part-Time & On-Call)|
|Company:||Northwest Human Services|
|Description:||Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. We are seeking Crisis Intervention Workers to join our Crisis & Information Hotline in Salem, Oregon. |
YOUR ROLE AT NWHS
As a Crisis Intervention Worker, you will address each client’s immediate and long-term needs for intervention and supportive services. Using a trauma-informed, culturally competent, and respectful approach, you will work with individuals over the phone and in person to provide suicide and crisis intervention, triage, and provide referrals to health, financial, and other supportive needs resources within our network of community partners.
As a Crisis Intervention Worker, you will complete a crisis intervention training program upon hire, including an intensive clinical training that is in accordance with the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) standards. Clinical trainings include a minimum of 40 hours in suicidology, crisis management, and mental health counseling plus co-worker experience with active and supervised participation prior to independent assignment.
* Provides crisis intervention, risk assessment screening, de-escalation, and safety planning to individuals experiencing acute emotional distress, suicidal ideation, or a self-harm attempt.
* Identifies callers who are defined as at-risk or vulnerable populations. Submits mandatory reports and advocates for all individuals in imminent danger.
* Conducts emergency financial assistance screenings, telephone advocacy, and/or local resource referral for vulnerable individuals in need of financial assistance.
* Regularly reviews assigned tasks in the electronic health records portal. Initiates clinical care plans for patients experiencing emotional distress or suicidal thoughts. Provides written follow-up documentation as required.
* Completes required documentation for each client contact. Documents the caller’s presenting issue(s), services provided, internal/external referrals, caller demographics, and call summary.
* Regularly documents and schedules follow-up calls for at-risk individuals and relays pertinent call reports.
* Must have current college enrollment or course completion in a nursing, psychology, social services, healthcare program or a related field. Undergraduate students seeking to gain work experience in mental health services, suicidology, and crisis management are encouraged to apply.
* Must have ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor under adverse or stressful conditions, use appropriate problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills, be able to perform multiple job functions simultaneously
* Demonstrated experience working with at-risk and/or vulnerable populations is preferred
* Experience working with suicide and crisis intervention is preferred.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS:
Northwest Human Services offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package to staff that work at least 32 hours a week or more. Benefits include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life: Short Term & Long Term Disability, 403(b) retirement plan with generous employer match, 8.5 Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off.
ABOUT OUR CRISIS & INFORMATION HOTLINE
Our Crisis & Information Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our goal is to foster the life-affirming part of each caller and to empower them to maintain or improve their quality of life. The Hotline is a member of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, and is accredited by the American Association of Suicidology, meaning we are held to the highest national standards for suicide intervention services. Learn more about our Hotline here: http://www.northwesthumanservices.org/Hotline.html
Northwest Human Services is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center that has been providing care to the local community for over forty-five years. In addition to our Transitional Programs that provide services for the homeless, our medical clinics are Tier V Patient Centered Medical Homes and our West Salem location offers fully integrated primary care, psychiatry, therapy, and dentistry all on the same campus. Our Medical, Dental and Mental Health care teams are committed to the overall wellness of our patients and work together to ensure patient needs are expertly evaluated, and met with compassion and respect.
If you are interested in joining a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, please apply online at: http://www.northwesthumanservices.org/Employment.html
For more information contact the HR/Recruiting Department at:
Office: 503-588-5828 •
Equal Opportunity Employer: We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a criminal records check as well as testing for commonly abused controlled substances, including marijuana.
|Address:||681 Center Street NE|
Salem, OR 97301