|Title:||Crisis Intervention Worker (Part-Time & On-Call)|
|Company:||Northwest Human Services|
|Description:||Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. |
We are seeking Crisis Intervention Workers to join our Crisis & Information Hotline in Salem, Oregon. These positions are onsite and is not remote opportunities.
HOURS / SCHEDULE
We currently have three openings available:
Opening # 1: Schedule is Part-Time, Tuesday - Thursday, 4:00 pm – 12:00 am (Swing Shift)
Opening # 2: Schedule is Part-Time, Friday – Sunday, 4:00 pm - 12:00 am (Swing Shift)
Opening # 3: Schedule is On-Call, Unscheduled
YOUR ROLE AT NWHS
As a Crisis Intervention Worker, you will address each client’s immediate and long-term needs for intervention and supportive services. Using a trauma informed, culturally competent, and respectful approach, you will work with individuals over the phone and in person to provide suicide and crisis intervention, triage, and provide referrals to health, financial, and other supportive needs resources within our network of community partners.
* Must have current college enrollment or course completion in nursing, social services or a related field.
* Must have ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor under adverse or stressful conditions, use appropriate problem solving and decision-making skills
* Must complete a minimum of 32 hours crisis intervention training upon hire.
* Experience working with suicide and crisis intervention is preferred.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
* Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, be able to perform multiple job functions simultaneously, as well as demonstrated experience working with at-risk and/or vulnerable populations.
* The position is a good opportunity for graduate or undergraduate students with a focus in psychology, social work, nursing, healthcare programs, or a related field who are seeking to gain work experience in mental health services, suicidology, and crisis management.
ABOUT OUR CRISIS & INFORMATION HOTLINE
Our Crisis & Information Hotline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our goal is to foster the life-affirming part of each caller and to empower them to maintain or improve their quality of life. The Hotline is a member of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, and is accredited by the American Association of Suicidology, meaning we are held to the highest national standards for suicide intervention services. Learn more about our Hotline here: http://www.northwesthumanservices.org/Hotline.html
Northwest Human Services is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center that has been providing care to the local community for over forty-five years. In addition to our Transitional Programs that provide services for the homeless, our medical clinics are Tier V Patient Centered Medical Homes and our West Salem location offers fully integrated primary care, psychiatry, therapy, and dentistry all on the same campus. Our Medical, Dental and Mental Health care teams are committed to the overall wellness of our patients and work together to ensure patient needs are expertly evaluated, and met with compassion and respect.
For more information and if you are interested in joining a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, please apply online at: http://www.northwesthumanservices.org/Employment.html
|Contact:||Sarah Perrotta, Talent Acquisition Specialist|
|Address:||681 Center Street NE|
Salem, OR 97301