|Description:||Are you an experienced Panel Manager who wants to feel connected to the mission and vision of your organization? The role of Panel Manager is to identify, develop, implement, and monitor programs designed to improve population health of an assigned panel of patients. The Panel Manager will work closely with providers, RNs, pharmacists, Behavioral Health Specialists, and Quality Assurance Specialists to improve care for patients with chronic diseases by using reports and chart data to assess adherence to prescribed medical regimen and helping overcome barriers.|
• Maintain chronic disease reports and review the panel at regular intervals.
• Coordinate services for all patients who are part of the assigned panel, especially those with serious, complex or chronic health problems or with psychosocial issues.
• Use reports and other information to inform care team members of preventive care required for each patient.
• Target clients for interventions based on selected criteria.
• Facilitate information and referral services to patients and families to address their medical and psychosocial needs, including client self-management support (health coaching), plan development, and outreach.
• Develop, implement, and carry out programs in chronic disease management for patients based on chronic disease management model.
• Manage Care Team volunteers for projects, training, outreach efforts, etc.
• Review provider schedules and patient charts to ensure that all patient data is entered into Epic for follow-up and reporting.
• Conduct outreach to patients to schedule appointments for preventive care services.
• With providers, identify patients with chronic and/or complex medical conditions and develop interventions.
• Coordinate case management services and schedule preventive care visits for high-risk and high Emergency Department utilizing patients.
• With pharmacists, coordinate visits as needed for medication education, management, and adherence.
• With RNs and BH Specialists, promote wrap-around services to improve health outcomes.
• Develop methodologies for evaluating and tracking the success of population health interventions.
• Present updates, findings, and recommendations to clinic staff and leadership.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years of experience in a clinical setting.
• Experienced with EPIC.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent project management skills. Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and manage results-oriented programs and achieve targeted goals.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and technical skills relating to data management, analysis, and presentation.
• Able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Able to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic and sexual preference backgrounds.
At Outside In, we are guided by a belief in each individual’s potential for change and growth. Since 1968, we have been successfully empowering homeless youth and other marginalized communities to become healthy and self-sufficient. With a stable leadership team and a collaborative approach to community partnerships, we value hope, integrity and compassion. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we value their competence. At Outside In, your time and talent truly make a difference.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. Multicultural and intersecting diversities are highly valued.
1132 SW 13th Avenue
Portland, OR 97205
Portland, OR 97205