|Title:||TRIAGE NURSE for Wellness Center|
|Company:||Native American Rehabilitation Association (NARA)|
|Description:||The Native American Rehabilitation Association (NARA) is private non-profit that provides culturally appropriate physical and mental health services and substance abuse treatment for American Indians, Alaska Natives and other vulnerable people. NARA values its employees and their connection with our mission to provide education, physical and mental health services; it is the quality and dedication of our employees that makes us great. There is no greater commitment we can make as an organization than to support employee growth by giving the necessary resources to grow professionally as well as personally. NARA’s success as an agency depends upon the success of its people. |
The Registered Nurse is responsible to serve in the areas of triage in the clinic, nursing assessments, nursing care and health-related teaching to patients on an as needed basis. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for prenatal and Coumadin case management.
• Provide triage care for NARA clinic: telephone calls, walk-ins and appointment consultations.
• Responsible for case management of Coumadin patients including tracking, data entry and follow up for Coumadin registry.
• Responsible for case management of prenatal patients including tracking, data entry and follow up for prenatal registry.
• Responsible for tracking data and data entry for HIV database.
• Chart and maintain medical records as needed and required by regulations.
• Communicate with medical provider team on medical/ pharmaceutical needs of clients.
• Participate in the ordering of supplies and pharmaceuticals as needed.
• Participate in development and implementation of Quality Assurance procedures as needed.
• Participate in meetings with local, state, county, and tribal organizations.
• Provide coverage and additional services based on needs of clinic and agency and individual skills and interests.
• Ensure all services delivered are culturally appropriate.
• Prepare necessary reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse with the State of Oregon required.
• BSN required.
• Two years experience, preferably in ambulatory care setting with phone triage.
• Ability to adjust accordingly to each patient’s unique needs.
• Ability to determine own practices and procedures and contribute to the development of new concepts.
• Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidentially with external and internal contacts.
• Ability to use basic nursing equipment, i.e., sphygmomanometer, stethoscope, various testing strips/test machines, scales.
• Ability to make medically sound, accurate, fast, independent decisions.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other departments within the organization and with outside agencies.
• Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 10 1lbs.
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, the community, and other staff members.
• Outpatient primary care setting.
• Prior Diabetic Foot Care Training.
• Work collaboratively with clients, other NARA staff, team members, and to treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times.
• Experience working within the Native American/Alaska Native community is considered a plus.
• If in recovery, must have a minimum of two years sobriety/clean time.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment or for cause drug tests.
• Ability to pass criminal background and DMV checks.
To apply: Please email your resume to and be sure to include the name and location of the position that you are interested in (Wellness Center Triage Nurse) as well as your expected wage range.
|Address:||12360 E Burnside|
Portland, OR 97233