|Title:||Case Manager I|
|Company:||Central City Concern|
|Description:||Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.|
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Case Manager I !
Summary: The Case Manager I works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management. The team works to assist clients in addressing all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing, accessing employment and educational opportunities. The Case Manager I provides skilled services to the program’s clients.
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm-11:30pm
1. Provide case management support to clients.
2. Collect information regarding clients’ history through a combination of interviewing, records review, and consultation, after obtaining written consent.
3. Develop strengths-based service plans with client.
4. Conduct educational and support groups using approved curriculum.
5. Collaborate with residential facilities, Adult Foster homes or other housing providers to coordinate residential and non-residential service planning.
6. Participate in admission and discharge planning for any client needing hospitalization or subacute level of care.
7. Coordinate services with all members of client’s support network.
8. Escort clients to meetings and appointments as necessary.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Two years’ experience working in a behavioral health recovery environment.
3. Understanding of recovery terminology and ability to apply the concepts.
4. If a recovering chemically dependent person, a minimum of two years sobriety is required.
5. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check
9. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an acceptable driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial Drivers Training and then pass an annual Recertification Training.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
HOW TO APPLY: You must apply through our website for consideration
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
|Address:||727 W Burnside|
Portland, OR 97209