|Title:||Behavioral Health Navigator|
|Company:||Valley Family Health Care|
|Description:||Behavioral Health Navigator|
ID & OR Locations
POSITION TITLE: Behavioral Health Navigator (BSW)
RESPONSIBLE TO Behavioral Health Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Purpose of this Position: The Behavioral Health Navigator (BHN) works as an integrated care team member to provide patients of Valley Family Health Care consultations, assessments, care planning, and case management services. The BHN works in collaboration with Medical and Behavioral Health Providers to ensure patients with mental, physical, or social needs are accessing the services needed to improve their overall health and well-being.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Social Work Program
2. Licensure in Idaho and / or Oregon as a Licensed Social Worker and / or Registered Baccalaureate Social Worker
3. Experience with providing assessments, care planning and case management (internship experience is okay).
4. Experience in handling crisis and management of patients living with mental health and / or substance use conditions.
1. Work with patients within a medical setting.
2. Work within a team-based care model including participating in clinic huddles, case-staffing’s, staff meetings, and Behavioral Health meetings.
3. Be flexible between walk-in and scheduled appointments
4. Provide same-day behavioral health consultations to providers and patients.
5. Provide Behavioral Health Screenings and referral to treatment as necessary.
6. Provide initial biopsychosocial assessments to patients in need of services and help patients navigate the health care system based on assessed need.
7. Work with patients to develop measurable behavioral health goals and objectives and document plan within the patient’s health record.
8. Manage incoming hospitalization records for patients admitted / discharged for mental health conditions.
9. Manage a case load of behavioral health case management clients.
10. Navigate and manage patient registries to improve targeted health outcome measures.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Participates in improving VFHC performance, processes, or programs through quality improvement which will be demonstrated in at least one instance annually.
1. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
2. Correctable vision and hearing.
3. Prolonged sitting, some standing/walking.
4. Must read, write and speak clearly.
5. Must have reliable transportation to clinics in Idaho and/or Oregon.
6. Need to have Covid vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated. Accommodations considered for Medical and Religious reasons.
|Contact:||Marilee E Gripton|
|Address:||1441 NE 10th Ave|
Payette, ID 83661