Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
The Clinical Educator facilitates clinical roles development and competencies to enhance clinical practice and to influence the professional growth of clinical staff. This role focuses on clinical training and competency of roles within the care team, including medical assistants (MAs) and nurses (RNs). They provide expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, leader, and researcher. They foster empowerment through knowledge and skill development and support top-of-license/scope practice. This role is instrumental in creating a consistent, safe, and professional clinical practice environment.
- Partner with the Director of Nursing and with clinical and operational leaders to identify learning needs and to prepare, deliver, and evaluate education programs for MAs and RNs.
- Incorporate principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of education programs, and adjust content and methods as needed.
- Develop and coordinate standardized onboarding plans and initial and ongoing competency validation.
- Research, draft, and implement procedures and clinical practice standards, incorporating clinical best practices.
- Consult with staff and supervisors to identify individual and group learning needs.
- Deliver competency-based programs for clinical staff with a focus on skill development, retention of knowledge, optimization of role, and individual professional accountability.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training through feedback tools, knowledge-based testing, and skills assessment.
- Learn/understand workflows for the MA and RN job roles. Schedule regular in-clinic and shadow time to connect with staff, to recognize efficient workflows that could be spread, and to identify opportunities for individual coaching and system improvements.
- Facilitate the train the trainer model of education when appropriate.
- Collaborate with Clinical Applications Team around EPIC workflows/documentation to support staff in adherence to procedures and in providing safe, efficient patient care.
Skills & Knowledge
Knowledge of AAACN standards of practice, OSBN regulations and Oregon Nurse Practice Act, role/scope of the medical assistant, and team-based care preferred. Experience in the development and implementation of workflows, procedures, and trainings preferred. Experience with EPIC EHR preferred. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required. Ability to create and deliver evidenced-based educational content required.