|Title:||Coding and Insurance Supervisor|
|Company:||Central City Concern|
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Coding and Insurance Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Billing and Business Systems Information Dept
REPORTS TO: Billing and Business Operations Manager
SALARY: Depending on Experience
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: This position will be a certified coder with a current CPC. This position will perform ICD-9/10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding and auditing for reimbursement and supervise the day to day operations of the coding and Primary Care Insurance Specialist staff. They will be responsible to review, analyze, and code diagnostic and procedural information to ensure reimbursement and contractual reporting accuracy. This ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies and reporting regulation guidelines. Supervision of Primary Care Insurance Specialist staff to manage aspects of the Registration, insurance and authorization processes to ensure accurate data collection and billing.
1. Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Must be a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
3. Two years experience reviewing, abstracting, and coding medical records using ICD-
9/10-CM and CPT\HCPCS coding.
4. Two years’ experience in a lead coding position.
5. Supervisory experience preferred.
6. Experience with Practice Management Systems and Electronic Health Records.
7. Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance billing and
reimbursement processes with emphasis on Oregon Health Authority.
8. Must be currently clean & sober.
9. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
10. Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience preferred.
11. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
12. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test and background check.
13. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
14. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers in a team atmosphere, clients with diverse
ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual
orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY: Check out the full job description and apply at:
You must apply on the website and upload your resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
|Address:||232 NW 6th Ave|
Portland, OR 97209