Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
The Patient Registration Specialist is located at our administrative office in our centralized call center. This role is primarily centered on handling pre-registration and registration pre verification for all patients at Mosaic Medical, new or established. Entering, auditing, educating, and advocating for accurate registration in the patients electronic medical record (EHR). This role supports our Enrollment department by identifying patients who have termed from Medicaid/Medicare. When termed, reaches out to patients to inquire as to why they termed and assists patients in navigating the Enrollment process. Provides education on Medicaid eligibility and sliding scale eligibility.
Customer and Access Services
- Advise patients of their Enrollment status with Medicaid/Medicare and provide assistance as needed
- Advise patients of financial and/or insurance documentation required for appointments as well as educate patients on different payment options offered
- Schedule patients in Enrollment appointments as needed
- Provide system or clinic support for New Patient and Enrollment scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellations
- Confirm patient demographics, registration, and insurance information and update EHR as needed
- Promote and educate, MyChart use
- Create new patient records in EHR
- Patient activation and education on use and benefits of MyChart
- Complete the patient registration process and document in the EHR
- Educate patients on FPL, Medicaid, and Marketplace requirements as well as assisting with over the phone support when possible
Registration Pre Verification
- Auditor of patient charts to ensure accurate financial registration
- Updates patients charts to ensure accurate financial registration including coverage’s, guarantors, demographics, annual incomes, and any other registration field that needs correcting
- Reaches out to patients to get updated corrected information for accurate financial registration
- Works with billing and site supervisors to coordinate needed paperwork and forms for patients
- Working inbasket messages relating to registration updates, Medicaid eligibility, and sliding scale eligibility
Skills & Knowledge
Understanding of healthcare navigation including insurance types, concepts, terminology, billing, and/or regulations required. Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures. Knowledge of standard office machines including copier, fax, shredder, multi-line telephone, printers, etc. Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully handle dissatisfied patients. Fluency in Spanish is helpful. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software products preferred. Computer literacy and typing skills. Training in Marketplace enrollment preferred.