|Title:||Bilingual Pharmacy Technician|
|Company:||Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center|
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician II
FLSA: Hourly “Non-Exempt”
Base Salary: $19.8501 p/h
Reports to: Director of Pharmacy
The Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center’s mission is to provide high quality, culturally appropriate healthcare to low-income residents of Washington and Yamhill Counties with a special emphasis on seasonal and migrant farm-workers and to others with barriers to receiving health-care.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician II assists the Pharmacist to communicate with and provide good customer service to VG patients. This position answers phones, receives prescriptions, collects patient information, stocks medications, types and fills new and refill prescriptions, fills prescriptions labels, works with Rx insurance and assists with cleaning the pharmacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure medications are stored properly.
· Pull expired medications at least monthly.
· Maintain inventory by ordering drugs as needed daily.
· Keep inventory of drugs in the pharmacy.
· Keep IMP meds and expired meds separated.
· Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
The Pharmacy Technician II will have access to PHI in the course of carrying out his/her duties. The Pharmacy Technician II will use the PHI when gathering personal information to fill prescriptions, bill insurance or charge patients, maintain up to date pharmacy records, and apply for patient assistance program medications. Applying the minimum necessary standard of HIPAA, the designated record sets to which this employee will have access include: the practice management system demographic and scheduling functions, information in the pharmacy management system as determined by the pharmacy director, the patient profile, and patient assistance program records. The pharmacy staff may also perform the duties of an interpreter and will follow HIPAA guidelines as per that job description.
Board of Pharmacy Requirements:
· Must hold an active Certified Oregon Pharmacy Technician License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficiency in English and Spanish, both spoken and written language required.
Education and Experience:
|Address:||2725 SW Cedar Hills Blvd Suite 200|
Beaverton, OR 97005