|Title:||Clinical Programs Manager|
|Company:||Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center|
Job Title: Clinical Program Manager
FLSA: Salaried “Exempt”
Base Salary: M-07, DOE
Department: Medical Services
Reports to: Primary Care Clinic Manager (PCCM)
The Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center’s (VGMHC) mission is to provide high quality, culturally appropriate healthcare to low-income residents of Washington and Yamhill Counties with a special emphasis on seasonal and migrant farm-workers and others with barriers to receiving healthcare.
The Clinical Program Manager functions in the capacity of subject matter expert to develop, implement, and evaluate clinical programs, and to provide clinical training and education to primary care site staff. The CPM supports staff development of all knowledge, skills and abilities required to ensure that patient care meets the quality standards set by VGMHC. The CPM works collaboratively with the primary care site leadership team to develop and roll out workflows that enhance patient care delivery, and to standardize the clinical work and training needed to support the workflows.
Core Competencies and Related Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Care and Relationships
· Maintains high level of competency in primary role as RN, subject matter expert, trainer and coach.
· Team Huddles
o Participate in daily site management team huddle and weekly site management team meetings.
· Provide input as needed to support patient access by evaluating visits that are appropriate for RN or Group Visits. Recommend and institute RN or Group visits as needed.
o Implement and sustain customer-focused environment through staff training and positive reinforcement.
o Collaborate with Team Lead and VG Training Department to develop training plan for new clinical staff into their roles.
o Work closely with Team Leads to support and provide “just in time” training with any staff involved in a clinical workflow.
o Provide clinical training for current and new employees either one-on-one or in a group setting.
o Identify staff training needs and knowledge deficits, and serve as trainer to address these needs, and support the growth and development of all clinical employees.
· Provide input on investigations of patient and provider/staff complaints. Work collaboratively with other leaders to develop appropriate action plans.
· Provide input as needed to Team Leads on annual performance appraisals for RNs, MAs, PCCs, TAs and Providers and support the Team Leads in creating staff development and/or performance improvement plans.
· Conduct supportive observation with all care team members at least monthly.
· Provide guidance to team members on documentation in EPIC.
· Serve as primary organizational mentor for new clinical employees within their primary role.
· Maintain excellent standing with peers and supervisors including performance in primary role and organizational behavioral standards.
Stable and Trusted Work Environment
· Is the designated leader at their site, responsible for clinical training and coaching, development, rollout and maintenance of clinical workflows and processes in alliance with VG-wide processes, and deployment and adherence to clinical standard work.
· Provide supportive observation of team and provider-MA dyad huddles to ensure objectives for huddles are met.
Communication and Teamwork
· Assist clinical team members with their work within the scope of their training and/or licensing.
· Effectively communicate VG’s mission and values to clinic staff and clients.
· Collaborate with Team Lead in developing weekly team meeting agenda addressing team outcomes, including quality measures and access data, and address progress and improvement.
· Communicate performance expectations and relevant policies and procedures to staff.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating training competency checklists with input from key stakeholders.
· Responsible for knowing, applying and communicating strategic initiatives to clinic staff, including showing how front line work connects with those initiatives.
Improvement and Innovation
· Monitor health center data reports to support the team’s day-to-day activities and goal planning. Evaluate daily operations and audit workflows. Recommend and institute improvements. Assist the Team Leads to facilitate problem solving as necessary at the team level.
· Investigate problems and workload distribution issues, and work in collaboration with the Clinical Team Leads, Lead Clinician, and PCCM to develop improved processes.
· Assist employees with problem identification and resolution.
· Report to Site Leadership on key performance measures, identify barriers that impede progress, and recommend actions to address them.
· Guide provider dyad huddles with metrics.
· Provide feedback to employees and Team Leads as part of introductory period evaluations and make recommendations related to completion or need for introductory period extensions.
· Remain knowledgeable with current organizational changes in standard work, policies and procedures to ensure that up-to-date training is provided.
· Remain knowledgeable of current VG quality metrics, and the workflows and processes required to meet them; assist the teams in trouble-shooting low performers, and highlighting high performers.
· Meet at least monthly with the Clinical Programs Director and CPMs at other VG sites for peer support, development and maintenance of consistent training materials and competency tools for the purpose of standardization across VGMHC.
· Work collaboratively with CPMs, other management level clinical leaders, and Exec Team members as necessary, to develop new workflows and processes to support VG quality and team-based care goals; assist in development of outcome measures for and evaluation of these processes.
· Maintain commitment and accountability to self-personal growth and development by attending monthly peer meetings and through self-directed learning.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Clinical Program Manager has access to PHI in order to create and maintain an accurate and up to date medical record, applying the minimum necessary standard of HIPAA, the designated record sets to which this employee will have access include: all sections of the medical record, patient demographic information in the practice management system, and incoming records, reports, results, consultations, etc. The Clinical Program Manager is required to read the content of these records only the extent needed to accomplish the assigned task (e.g. filing or disclosure).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to flourish in a team management system.
· Excellent computer skills or the ability to become competent, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook Power Point and Visio.
· Excellent leadership and staff development skills.
· Effective organizational, time management and delegation skills.
· Ability to recognize problems, collect data, and establish facts.
· Must be able to interact with a variety of individuals at various levels under stressful circumstances while exercising sound judgement, tact, and diplomacy.
· Able to use sound practical judgment to carry out written, oral, or diagram instructions.
· Ability to embrace change and innovation when appropriate.
· Able to read and interpret documents, communicate appropriately both verbally and in writing and speak publicly to groups of all sizes.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and requests from patients, coworkers and others as necessary.
· Ability to effectively communicate direction, instruction, and guidance to staff.
· Working knowledge of standard work and essential job duties.
· Knowledge of medical home and team based care models.
· Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
· Skills to intervene and promote reconciliation, compromise and positive outcomes in difficult interactions.
· Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
· Basic knowledge of adult learning models preferred.
· Ability to analyze data and develop improvement plan preferred.
· Skilled at using electronic health records (EPIC) preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
· Current Oregon RN License.
· Three to five years of experience working in primary care setting.
· Experience in providing training to workforce members.
· Experience with project management.
|Address:||1151 N. Adair Street|
Cornelius, OR 97113