|Title:||Advanced Practice Primary Care Provider (MD or PA or NP)|
|Company:||OHSU - Student Health and Wellness Center|
Are you discouraged by the demands of traditional primary care and want to reclaim the joy of caring for patients? Do you want to positively promote and support the well-being of our future health care professionals? At Oregon Health & Science University’s (OHSU) student health center, our clinic provides that rare opportunity to practice the highest quality medical care without many of the barriers that exist in traditional primary care.
Come work with a group of exceptional providers in an integrated primary care, behavioral health, and complementary medicine practice that truly honors work life balance and prioritizes patient care. We have been widely recognized for our highly functional teamwork, patient satisfaction scores, and focus on multi-culturally competent care. This position comes with excellent paid time off, continuing medical education (CME), and retirement benefits. There is no weekend work and no after-hours patient call.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range:
Functions/Duties of Position:
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity are encouraged to apply.
When you join our primary care team, you will work closely together to provide excellent care for patients, strategize how to improve access for patients, partner with the behavioral health and integrative medicine teams to provide continuity of care for shared patients and promote all clinical and wellness services that JBT has to offer. You can expect to work independently while also providing consultation to other JBT primary care and behavioral health colleagues when necessary. We are committed to a work culture that promotes a work/life balance; therefore, there are occasional days when only one provider staffs the clinic. Additionally, as an unclassified faculty position, you will need to gain faculty appointment in the Department of Internal Medicine at OHSU.
The duties of this position include:
Clinical Activities - 95% : Provide multi-culturally competent direct patient care; interpret history, physical and clinical data to develop treatment plans and referrals as needed; provide reproductive health care including IUD and Nexplanon insertions and removals; perform minor dermatologic and sports medicine procedures; assess for initial evaluation and treatment of behavioral health diagnoses; provide traveler’s health care; assess and provide treatment for eating disorders; evaluate and treat acute acute and chronic illness; order labs and imaging studies as appropriate; and manage blood and body fluid exposures. Includes availability for on call (during business hours) and coverage duties in rotation with other JBT practitioners throughout the year.
Other Activities- 5% Attend clinic meetings and trainings, attend CME trainings, and participate in quality improvement efforts.
· Master’s Degree as required by specific Advanced Practice Provider role (Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant)
· MD or DO with completed residency training in Family or Internal Medicine
· Current licensure as required by specific provider governing board(s) and eligible for Oregon State license.
· 2 – 5 years clinical experience (post- advanced degree graduation)
· Extensive experience and strong commitment to cultural competency as demonstrated in your work with patients and coworkers. This includes acknowledging and celebrating differences; communicating respectfully regardless of varying beliefs, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds; and following all OHSU policies including those that prohibit discrimination and harassment.
· More than 5 years clinical experience, post-residency
· Experience working in a Student Health Center at an Academic Health Center or institution of higher education
· Special interest and expertise in men’s health and/or the management of orthopedic conditions
· Proficiency in the following primary care services: family planning procedure and minor dermatologic procedures, urgent care and orthopedic experience, and behavioral health coordination.
· Experience using an Electronic Health Record, especially Epic.
|Contact:||Dr. Jodi DeMunter, Medical Director or Lindsey Watts Kinsella, Practice Manager|
|Address:||3181 SW Sam Jackson Park|
Portland, OR 97239