For 51 years, Outside In, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), has transformed thousands of lives by helping break the cycles of chronic homelessness, poverty, and poor health among Portland’s LGBTQIA community, people of color, those experiencing homelessness, and the underserved. Our health clinic and young adult programs strive to meet people where they are and provide safe, affirming spaces for our community to receive judgment-free care and support.
Outside In offers services at nine locations across the Portland Metro Region. Our health clinic serves patients ages 13 to the elderly and provides comprehensive primary care, alternative medicine, behavioral health, and substance use treatment (Learn more at OusideIn.org).
Outside In has a rare, exciting opportunity for a Medical Director to lead our clinic staff in fulfilling the mission of our organization with excellence in health care services using compassion, accountability and approachable leadership.
The Medical Director will work closely with Outside In’s clinical operations director, a team of managers and supervisors, clinicians, and support staff to offer accessible, trauma informed, harm reduction, and high quality health and wellness services to the most vulnerable populations in the Portland metro area. This person will lead a team of clinicians in the delivery of services breaking the barriers of traditional settings in order to meet patients where they are at and with patients at the center of care. The Director oversees clinical program objectives, productivity benchmarks and clinical outcomes while fostering a culture of teamwork, integration, collaboration, open communication, and continuous improvement.
Outside In values diversity in thought, background and experience. People of color, people with disabilities, women or non-binary candidates, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you’re the type of person who….
● Is committed to serving the most vulnerable individuals in our community while understanding the complexities of the health delivery system.
● Blends big picture leadership thinking with team engagement and individual mentorship and coaching.
● Considers yourself to be a “people person” and works well in a collaborative, team-based environment.
● Is a creative thinker and problem solver and enjoys an innovative approach to the work.
● Is self-motivated and committed to lead and deliver high quality clinical services.
· Oregon licensure Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy; or ability to obtain Oregon licensure within 3 months.
· Board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
· Must have full prescriptive powers in Oregon with a DEA number; or be able to obtain prescriptive powers in Oregon with a DEA number within 3 months.
· Must meet Outside In privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
· Five years’ experience in direct service administration of primary care programs. Three plus years of director level leadership experience required.
· Five years’ experience providing direct care as a medical provider.
· Experience working on FQHC setting highly desirable.
· Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
· Current CPR certification or able to obtain (onsite) within one month.
· Must pass a background check.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid time off and holidays.
If this sounds like a good match for your experience and future goals, please apply on our website:https://outsidein.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=127 . We can’t wait to meet you.
The position opened on August 12, 2019. We will accept applications until the position is filled.
|Address:||1132 SW 13th Ave|
Portland, OR 97205