|Title:||Peer Support Specialist I or II|
|Company:||Central City Concern|
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
Close Date: 7/24/19
TITLE: Peer Support Specialist I or II
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
SALARY: $15.00 to $17.33 hourly
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: This position supports clients in recovery by providing advocacy, mentoring, and other support. The Peer Support Specialist (PSS) provides a variety of recovery-oriented services to individuals in order to promote greater independence, community integration, and recovery from addiction.
1. GED or High school Diploma or ability to obtain within one year required.
2. PSS I Requires: Certified Recovery Mentor or Peer Support Specialist or ability to obtain
certification within six months of hire.
3. PSS II Requires: Certified Recovery Mentor or Peer Support Specialist and a minimum of
1 year experience working as a certified Peer Support Specialist.
4. Must be a self-identified person in recovery from a substance use or co-occurring
mental health disorder, who meets the abstinence requirements for recovery staff in
alcohol and other drug treatment programs (2 years). Person must identify on the
application or cover letter how they have “lived” personal experience leading to an
understanding of the needs of persons with substance abuse and mental health issues.
5. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check.
7. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI
conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform
Controlled Substances Act.
8. If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a
vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet
Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved
driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage
of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
9. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided
by Central City Concern.
10. Must generally have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy
objects and climb stairs, with reasonable or no accommodation.
11. Must adhere to all Agency non-discrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
|Address:||232 NW 6th Ave|
Portland, OR 97209