Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Medical Assistant – On Call
DEPARTMENT: Multiple Locations - Old Town Clinic/Hooper/Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: Care Team Manager/Care Coordinator
SCHEDULE: On-Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
1. High School or GED required.
2. Completion of all coursework for a Certificate-level Medical Assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational programs (CAAHEP) or ABHES accredited required.
3. Certified Medical Assistants preferred.
4. Minimum of one (1) year recent, verifiable medical assistant experience within a health care setting, with a behavioral health setting preferred.
5. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
6. Previous experience working with underserved populations, specifically people without stable housing, preferred.
7. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
8. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to provide demonstration of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
9. Must have the ability to read labels and distinguish between colors.
10. Must be physically able to walk, bend, stoop, be on feet for long periods of time, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull, lift heavy patients or objects and climb stairs several times a day.
11. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Must possess the ability to effectively interact with co-workers and patients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.