||Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. We are a mission focused organization providing compassionate and professional medical, dental, psychiatry, mental health, and wraparound services for those in our community who need it most – uninsured and underinsured individuals, families, the disenfranchised, the homeless, and migrant workers. As a Federally Qualified Community Health Center we value a culture of equity, diverse perspectives, and life experiences. Our organization embraces innovation, collaboration, and work-life harmony. We offer job stability, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to serve and support our diverse community.
Northwest Human Services is currently seeking a Clinic Director to join our Team at our West Salem Clinic in Salem, Oregon!
Are you an experienced healthcare leader interested in improving the lives of the underserved, homeless, LGBTQ, or refugee populations? We are a fully integrated Federally Qualified Health Center with locations in west Salem and Monmouth. Our collaborative care teams are mission driven and provide patients with primary care, psychiatry, therapy, case management, and dental services.
As the Clinic Director you’ll provide fiscal, personnel, program, and operational oversight of a multi-discipline, multi-provider, and multi-sited community health center. The Clinic Director oversees and manages activities in each clinical department including medical, dental, psychiatry, and mental health; and coordinates with the CEO, Medical Director, and other program Directors, Managers, and Supervisors to reach agency goals and strategic plan initiatives.
LOCATION: West Salem Clinic | 1233 Edgewater St NW | Salem, Oregon 97304
POSITION STATUS: Full-time Salaried | Monday – Friday | 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
1. Oversees health center workflows and processes for clinical departments including Primary Care, Psychiatry, Mental Health and Dental for West Salem Clinic and Total Health Community Clinic.
2. Contributes to the development of agency strategic plan and annual budgets. Responsible for monitoring revenue and department spending for each health center.
3. In collaboration with the Quality Management Team, you’ll improve workflow to meet quality goals and achieve regulatory and compliance directives including HRSA, The Joint Commission, local Coordinated Care metrics and Patient Centered Primary Care Home certification.
4. Promotes a Trauma Informed Care environment and culture that values inclusion and diversity for both patients and employees. Facilitates open lines of communication through an open-door policy and approachable leadership style.
5. In partnership with the Medical Director, Psychiatric Services Medical Director, and Dental Director, works to integrate services, optimize provider productivity, and ensure clinical protocols meet and exceed community standards of care.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.
1. Bachelor’s degree and either years of medical practice management experience or graduate level degree and five years of management experience preferred.
2. FQHC leadership experience preferred, or other experience working with underserved populations in a health care setting.
3. Proven ability and background to administer and monitor budgets.
4. Strong personnel management experience.
5. Knowledge of federal grants desirable.
6. Valid Oregon driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
Northwest Human Services is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center that has been providing residents of Marion and Polk counties with compassionate and professional medical, dental, mental health, and social service supports for over 50 years.
Our medical clinics are Tier V Patient Centered Medical Homes, and our West Salem location offers fully integrated primary care, psychiatry, mental health therapy, and dentistry all on the same campus. Our care teams are committed to the overall wellness of our patients and work together to ensure patient needs are expertly evaluated and treated with compassion and respect.
At NWHS, we offer a first-class employment experience, with a focus on teamwork, integrity, growth, and life balance.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS:
Our Board of Directors and Administration provides a benefits program that is comprehensive, competitive within our industry, and affordable for our employees.
• Competitive Salary
• Full Comprehensive Health Plans: Medical with two plan options
• Dental & Vision options
• Flex Spending Account
• Group Life: Short-Term & Long-Term Disability 100% paid by employer
• 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer match
• PTO – 10 hours a month for FT positions @ 40 hrs./wk.
• 7½ paid holidays each year + 2 paid floating holidays for FT positions.
• Continuing Education & Training Benefits
• Employee Healthy Living Program – Gym Membership & Smoking Cessation
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining a team that makes a difference in the lives of many, apply online at: Employment (northwesthumanservices.org)
For more information, contact the HR/Recruiting Department at: HR@nwhumanservices.org | 503.588.5828
All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a criminal records check.
Equal Opportunity Employer | We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.