Website Valley Family Health Care
Community Health Center
POSITION TITLE: Community Health Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Care Coordination and Integration
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Purpose of this Position: This individual will implement the responsibilities of the Outreach and Enrollment program. The Outreach and Enrollment Worker offers individuals and families information and assistance with enrollment into Qualified Health Plans (QHPs), Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program coverage options. Develops, implements and coordinates in-reach and outreach activities designed to help eligible health center patients and service area residents enroll into coverage options. Represents Valley Family Health Care at community outreach events and identifies new collaborative efforts and partnerships to advance outreach goals. Completes required federal and/or state consumer assistance training to provide fair, accurate, and impartial assistance. Requires extensive traveling within the service area from Emmett, Idaho to Vale, Oregon; requires day, evening, and weekend work; requires reliable transportation.
High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with web-based applications.
Fundamental understanding of health outreach and social service programs.
Experience in working with low income/minority populations.
Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
1. Ability to obtain Community Health Worker (CHW) certification in Oregon within 6 months of hire and meet educational/training equivalents as needed for Idaho, depending on population served.
2. Provide comprehensive and culturally sensitive information about Idaho and Oregon’s Health Insurance Exchange and public insurance programs and benefits.
3. Assist applicants in properly completing and submitting applications.
4. Conduct follow-up with individuals and families on the progress of their enrollment and help troubleshoot enrollment barriers.
5. Track provided eligibility assistance and successful enrollments in QHP, Medicaid and CHIP insurance plans.
6. Ensure the confidentiality of all applications, records, and information.
7. Serve as a point of contact for individuals and families contacted during off-site outreach activities regarding health insurance enrollment.
8. Support outreach and enrollment efforts by working collaboratively with community partners—a. school nurses, public health programs, churches, labor groups and other community entities.
9. Participate in outreach community events as needed.
10. Assist in planning of new strategies for outreach.
11. Comply with and successfully complete federal and state consumer assistance training required for personnel carrying out consumer assistance functions.
12. Participate in ongoing trainings, learning sessions, conference calls, webinars and other professional development opportunities.
13. Document and maintain records of encounters with individuals and/or families.
14. Assist with meeting quality measures by completing tasks related to VFHC initiatives.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Continuous sitting, standing, walking.
Correctable vision and hearing.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
5. The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org