Website Valley Family Health Care
Community Health Center
POSITION TITLE: Director of Nursing
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Operations Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Purpose of the Position: The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for company-wide nursing standardization, efficiencies, standards, and procedures by supporting the Nursing Lead and Practice Manager within each clinic. The DON provides support to each clinic through nursing leadership, training, development and oversight of audits, wellness teams and immunization programs.
1. Must hold RN license in state of primary workplace and be licensed in the other state (Idaho/Oregon) within 90 days of hire date. Oregon and Idaho RN licensures must be current.
2. Bachelor’s degree in nursing is required.
3. Must hold current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS (healthcare provider).
4. At least 5 years previous medical clinic experience required.
5. Previous supervisory experience required.
6. Must be accurate, exacting, orderly and methodical in work detail.
7. Neat, professional appearance with a pleasant and positive manner.
8. Willing to work as team leader in a busy, multifaceted workplace.
9. Sensitive to needs of VFHC Leadership Team, staff, and clientele.
10. Willing to work for the successful accomplishment of VFHC goals and objectives.
11. Must have excellent communication skills: clear, distinct, and convincing.
1. Help establish, oversee, and maintain standardization of high quality and efficient clinical processes, policies, clinical protocols, procedures, safety, and infection control standards.
2. Oversees training of nursing and medical assistant staff to maintain compliance with facility and state standards as well as designs and implements professional development plans/programs.
3. Responsible for the management and supervision of clinical staff, case management, vaccine coordinator and Nutritionist.
4. Works collaboratively to monitor and improve processes and outcomes of care and improve efficiency of the clinic staff.
5. Oversee and support Nursing Leads in association with Practice Manager and provide leadership for all clinical staff.
6. Oversee and participate in education for all VFHC clinical personnel.
7. Support Medical Practice Managers and Nursing Leads with the hiring and training of Nurses, Medical Assistants, and Certified Nurse Aides.
8. Adhere to all Valley Family Health Care clinic policies and procedures.
9. Travel among different locations of Valley Family, local and possible overnight travel for meetings and conferences outside of Valley Family.
1. Consult with State Boards of Nursing, Pharmacy, etc. concerning nurse practice acts, and ensure all nursing staff and unlicensed assistive personnel (Medical assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants) are practicing within regulations.
2. Perform evaluations of direct reports and offer input as needed/requested for other nursing staff evaluations.
3. Visit all clinics regularly to review nursing processes and procedures for adherence to quality standards.
4. Oversee Clinical chart audit process.
5. Support and act as a consultant for Clinical Practice Managers regarding necessary clinical staff coaching and disciplinary actions.
6. Ensure all nursing, MA, and CNA staff are practicing within scope of practice.
7. Coordinate data logger education and monitoring.
8. Stay informed of current CLIA requirements, ensure all clinics are compliant, and oversee necessary CLIA training.
9. Present clinical training through weekly Clinical Practice Manager Huddles, staff meetings or written communication, or provide educational information to Clinical Practice Managers to present to their staff.
10. Research clinical questions providers, clinical nursing staff, or Administration may have and provide appropriate response.
11. Attend meetings as assigned to stay informed of organization updates and clinical practice changes.
12. Assist COO and CQO with development and implementation of new clinical initiatives.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Patient Centered Care:
1. Participate in patient centered care team meetings.
2. Facilitate development of health and disease patient education.
3. Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
4. Promote clear communication amongst the care team and treating clinicians.
5. Participate in data collection and health outcomes reporting related to patient centered care.
1. Able to lift up to 25 lbs frequently.
2. Continual standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, stretching, lifting.
3. Normal manual dexterity.
4. Correctable vision and hearing.
5. Local and overnight travel may occur, as needed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com