Website Northwest Human Services, Inc.
NWHS is a mission focused not-for-profit!
Northwest Human Services is a non-profit leader in providing advocacy, quality healthcare and social services in Marion and Polk counties since 1970. We are a mission focused organization providing compassionate and professional medical, dental, psychiatry, mental health, and wraparound services for those in our community who need it most – uninsured individuals, families, the homeless, and migrant workers.
As a Community Health Center we value a culture of equity, diverse perspectives, and life experiences. Our organization embraces innovation, collaboration, and work-life harmony.
Behavioral Health Consultant – (Licensed LPC, LMFT, LCSW, PsyD, or PhD)
LOCATION: Total Health Community Clinic, Monmouth OR (Not a Remote Position) – # of Openings: 1
LOCATION: West Salem Clinic | 1233 Edgewater St NW, Salem, OR 97304 (Not a Remote Position) – # of Openings: 2
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Sign-on Bonus: $3,000.00 (Internal candidates that are currently employed here at NWHS are not eligible for a sign-on bonus.)
As a Behavior Health Consultant, you will work with medical patients to break down behavioral barriers impeding positive medical outcomes. Behavioral Health Consultants (BHC) accomplish this by completing an initial assessment and providing brief interventions. The BHC will also support the medical team by offering consultation and support on mental health and behavioral issues.
- Licensure as an LPC, LMFT, LCSW, PsyD or PhD in the state of Oregon is required.
- Must have graduate course work in theory, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health and dual diagnosis disorders.
- Must have experience working with persons who have mental health issues and those who are in emotional distress.
- Demonstrate proficiency using DSM IV-TR, DSM V, and ICD-10.
- Candidates with experience in a medical clinic are preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred at West Salem, and required at Total Health
- Identify patients experiencing negative outcomes with their chronic conditions that could benefit from the use of brief therapy to assist them with behavioral interventions that could improve their outcomes, increase their self-management skills, and reduce behavioral barriers to wellness. This includes huddling with care teams to identify patients ahead of time that could benefit from a warm handoff to the BHC for intervention.
- Receive warm handoffs from medical providers related to mental health problems needing brief, evidence-based interventions including anxiety, depression, bipolar spectrum, substance abuse, prescription drug misuse, trauma, thought disorders, cognitive impairment, ADHD in adults and children, and parent training for children with behavior problems.
- Assess the nature and extent of each patient’s emotional, behavioral, MH, and/or COD presenting problem, and provide any brief interventions necessary, typically ranging from 1-5 face to face visits (with some ongoing telephonic outreach) to ensure behavioral barriers to appropriate care are reduced.
- The BHC will incorporate the use of the SBIRT, PHQ, and other screenings tools into their interventions and will collaborate and communicate with team members to provide holistic integrated treatment.
- BHP will act as a part of the care coordination team by working with Community Health Workers, Nurses, Case Managers, and other team members to provide continuity of care for patients with complex issues. The BHC will make collateral and community contact on behalf of clients assuring service coordination with outside agencies.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS: Our Agency strives to provide a benefits program that is comprehensive and competitive within our industry.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Plans: Dental and Vision
- Flex Spending Account
- Group Life: Short-Term & Long-Term Disability 100% paid by employer
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer match
- 10 hours of monthly Paid Time Off based on FTE
- 7½ paid holidays each year + 2 paid floating holidays
- Continuing Education Plan
- Employee Healthy Living Program including gym membership and smoking cessation program
Summary of Additional Benefits for Providers:
- Retention Bonus Plan
- Malpractice Liability Insurance Policy
- CME Reimbursement & up to 5 Days CME Pay
- License, DEA & Board Certification Renewals
Northwest Human Services sites are eligible for various Provider Incentive Programs through the Oregon Office of Rural Health and National Health Service Corps loan repayment and scholar programs as well as the Rural Practitioner Tax Cred. For more information check out the Office of Rural Health, National health Service Corps, and Public Service Loan Forgiveness websites. NWHS sites have a Primary Care HPSA Score of 18, Dental score of 19, and a Mental Health score of 22.
To apply for this job please visit northwesthumanservices.bamboohr.com.