About the Position
To perform delegated routine clinical and administrative duties within the supervising Physician/Provider’s scope of practice; to assist healthcare provider team in the delivery of patient care in the clinic setting; to interact with patients, both in person and by phone; to provide outstanding customer services to patients, families and co-workers; and to perform related duties as assigned.
About the Division
At Lane County Health & Human Services, we believe healthy people are the foundation of healthy communities. The Community Health Centers of Lane County provide affordable primary care for the whole family – infants, children, adolescents, adults, and seniors – as well as integrated behavioral health, alternative services such as acupuncture, and preventative dental services. At Community Health Centers, we focus on integrated care that values the whole person. Our services encompass not only treatment and prevention of illness, but also health education and behavioral health services.
At Lane County Community Health Centers we have adopted a model of primary care called Patient Centered Medical Home. Our services are organized around care teams who work collaboratively to support our patients. Our integrated care teams include primary care providers, nurses, medical assistants, patient care coordinators and behavioral health specialists. This model of primary care prioritizes the patient, who has increased access to other services beyond general medical care at our clinics. Our care teams also help patients reach their optimal health status by addressing social determinants of health barriers to care such as transportation, food insecurity, or housing.
*While this position is posted primary clinic location it will require the ability to float to our other clinics as needed to provide coverage, training and support
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
*This is an AFSCME represented position*
- Graduation from high school or equivalent; and Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program or equivalent job experience.
- Certification required at the time of hire.
- One year of Medical Assistant experience.
- Any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Medical Assistant Certification through a nationally recognized certification program (copy of original or web document)
- Current BLS/CPR (copy of original is fine)
- Diploma (copy of original is fine)
- Note date of birth and social security number when submitting credentialing documents
- Valid Photo ID
- Please provide a copy of your resume
- This position is subject to a full criminal offender information record check.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon consenting to and successfully passing a drug screening test.
- Please note that as part of the screening process Lane County will verify license and certification status.
Studies have shown that women and BIPOC individuals are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. The county will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Lane County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org