Website Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center
Starting Annual Salary: $58,240/yr + DOE
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8-5pm
At Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center, we welcome diversity; we encourage, uplift, and are honored to serve people who have been historically underrepresented and underserved. Our mission is to provide high-quality, culturally appropriate healthcare to low-income residents of Washington and Yamhill Counties, with a special emphasis on seasonal and migrant farm workers and others with barriers to receiving healthcare. We strive to provide an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we employ and serve.
If you are unsure whether you meet all the required qualifications for this role but are interested and passionate about this potential position, we encourage you to apply.
Job Summary: The Communications & Events Program Manager (CEPM) is an integral member of the Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center Communications Team with expertise in content creation, media relations, public relations, marketing and communication tools, event coordination and vendor management. The CEPM will manage and drive both internal and external communications for the organization, including marketing, strategy and health center events. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all internal and external marketing and communications for the Health Center to ensure consistent messaging in print, social media and our website.
Manage programmatic marketing and communications for the health center, providing strategic planning for program success and deliverables.
Manage marketing, promotional and event budgets for multiple, simultaneous grant-driven programs, providing status updates and deliverables as required.
Manage and plan all communication and marketing needs for internal VG events, often collaborating with senior management and other departments to reach internal goals.
Manage all aspects of the annual State of Virginia Garcia, including scripting, logistics, communications and recording with the Health Center CEO.
Manage internal communications, including the weekly Hot Sheet and quarterly VG Voice, including creating content, managing deadlines, distribution and overseeing the Digital Communication Specialist (DCS) for the implementation of the digital version.
Manage all external partnerships negotiating and coordinating staff VIP experiences and discounts.
Manage all vendor and partner relationships such as apparel, printers, designers and promotional materials.
Active member of internal program committees such as Health and Safety, Employee Appreciation, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, to provide programmatic and marketing guidance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
The CEPM will have some access to patients for the purposes of interviewing to gather patient stories. Applying the minimum necessary standard of HIPAA, if interviewing patients, the individual in this role shall not disclose individual identifiable information without the proper consent form completed by the individual interviewed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, non-verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
· A self-starter, able to manage multiple projects at one time.
· A positive and professional work ethic.
· Ability to set priorities, take initiative and manage diverse responsibilities.
· Able to multi-task, managing multiple projects and deadlines at one time.
· Ability to work with confidential information, including but not limited to union bargaining support.
· Social media savvy. Experience with planning applications such as Later and Hootsuite preferred.
· An understanding of advocacy, equity, and inclusion.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
· Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, safe driving record and insurance coverage required.
· Bilingual written and verbal proficiency (Spanish/English) preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree communications, marketing or relevant field.
· Minimum of five years of experience in marketing and/or communication work.
· Experience creating and implementing marketing and communication strategies that effectively reach a diverse population across multiple locations.
· Experience working across departments at all levels of management.
· Involvement in event planning, coordination, management, and implementation required.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite tools required.
· Solid understanding of video editing tools such as Premier Pro or Filmora.
· Proven successful experience working as a member of a team.
Role model VG’s mission, vision, and shared values
Listen to the voice of the customer and strive to delight them by exceeding their expectations
If someone needs help, help them
Be innovative, apply fresh ideas, and continuously improve how you do your work
Maintain strict confidentiality and respect the privacy of others
Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and stewardship in all encounters at work
Demonstrate consideration and appreciation for co-workers and patients
Demonstrate the ability to convey thoughts and ideas as well as understand perspective of others
Percentage of time spent:
· Standing: 10%
· Walking: 10%
· Sitting: up to 75%
· Lifting/Carrying: 5%
Bend, Reach, Stoop: 5%
Use of Computer: up to 80%
Must be able to lift/carry up to 40 lbs. – supplies
Computer: to perform data entry and word processing
Telephone, fax, copier, scanner
Staff member must meet immunization requirements as stated in VGMHC’s immunization policy and state and federal guidelines.
Job description represent a general outline of the essential and major job duties, functions and qualifications required. They cannot be all-inclusive and comprehensive due to the dynamic nature of work performed to accomplish VGMHC’s Mission.
VGMHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges. The policy applies not only to recruitment and hiring practices, but also includes affirmative action in the area of placement, promotion, transfer, rate of pay and termination.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.